Wednesday 14 July 2010

An end to the recent server disconnects?

Well not any time soon by the looks of things but at least their looking at it.

From Andy Belford on the
herald:

We are currently aware of and are investigating solutions for performance and stability issues affecting the Karak Norn and Karak Azgal servers. This includes delays with the in-game mail system, frequent disconnects to character and server select and reports of performance issues and high latency. At this point we have no estimated time of repair for these issues, however please be sure to check the Herald for updates regarding this situation. We apologize for the inconvenience and thank you for your continued support.


No estimated time of repairs suck as I hope they sort this soon, getting sick of it, the last couple of nights I've spend at least 50% of my playing time staring at loading screens and my character selection screens. When it has been behaving itself it's been good fun, the lakes seem a lot busier at least comparatively. Though more then likely this is because people are willing to risk the gauntlets of disconnects that results from queuing for scenarios. But even here with no zone changes just running round the lakes I'm getting random disconnects, incredible frustrating particularly when it happens 5 minutes before a zone locks I've spend the last 40 minutes defending. And getting back on? 20 minutes of trying each time.

I'm not sure what it's been like during the day time but personally I work all day and only have a few hours in the evenings and weekends and this is absolutely destroying my playing time.

It's getting to the point where I'm thinking about just stopping and waiting for the Herald to signal the all clear which isn't something I'm want to do.

No comments:

Post a Comment